Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What are we eating?

Sunday's pre-wedding brunch hosted by my dad at the Holiday Inn will have brunchy items such as turkey sausage and a fruit plate.

The wedding reception is being catered by Passage to India

Here's the menu Gulam picked a while back:
    Papri Chat
    Vegetable Pakora
    Methi Chicken
    Alu Kadai Gobi
    Baigan Burtha
    Lamb Roghan Gosh
    Kheer


The cake is not going to look like this, but I really want it to:



A different, more appropriate and less wacky, but similarly tasty confection from Bob Miller will be served.

Since we will not be serving alcohol, I've just received a top-secret punch recipe my friend Nikki who I went to high school with. She served this green punch at her wedding in Galesburg last year, so we'll have a taste of Galesburg in Mechanicsburg.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my darling grace and/or gulam,

the menu looks wonderful, and i can taste the crispness of the papri chat, and the thick gravy of the rogan josh. and to end with kheer!

on may 25th, i will celebrate with you in the only way i can - i will eat rogan josh, papri chat and kheer.

lovely!

Beth Bass said...

Very Exciting!
I'm looking forward to the eats!

gracefullee said...

GU tells me that there have been some changes to the menu, but he's not certain what they are. It will be a surprise.

gracefullee said...

Er.... GU is for GUlam. I was trying to be clever, but I forgot halfway through typing the comment and for got to add my sign-off which was going to be GR for GRace.

Can't think anymore today.